Rising 66 stories majestically above Shanghai’s central business district, Le Royal Meridien Shanghai is one of the city’s most impressive contemporary landmarks. Featuring a striking modern design with panoramic views, our hotel is conveniently located at the heart of Shanghai along the famous Nanjing Road Pedestrian Street, adjacent to the People’s Square Metro interchange and just 10 minutes walk from the Bund.
Le Royal Méridien Shanghai boasts 761 guestrooms expressive of elegance and refinement with floor-to-ceiling windows that frame breathtaking views of the cityscape. Six food and beverage outlets present a canvas of innovative cuisines and creative drinks and Touch Spa is a sanctuary to escape to for relaxation and total rejuvenation of the body, mind and spirit. For business and social events, the hotel offers 2,000 square metres of space with two grand ballrooms and five conference rooms.
- Encompassing 2000 square metres of space on the ninth floor of the hotel, our banquet and meeting facility is divided into 12 venues to offer you the ultimate flexibility. Each room enjoys natural daylight from floor-to-ceiling windows and a showcase of original works of modern art.
- The stunning Royal Shanghai Grand Ballroom is the largest venue—measuring a generous 870 square metres. Ideal for black tie banquets and receptions of up to 470 guests, the beautiful room features long wave-like crystal chandeliers that run across the ceiling, walls of illuminated alabaster and stunning city views. Also divisible into four smaller spaces, the ballroom serves as an ideal location for an unforgettable event.
- The exquisite smaller rooms run from 83 to 248 square metres in size and include the 150-seat Paris Ballroom, one VIP Room and five Parlour Rooms. The Paris Ballroom hosts meetings beautifully, while the VIP Room provides guests speakers with some privacy to prepare their notes before or during a conference. Parlour Rooms vary in size and may be configured to host board meetings for 20 guests or conferences for up to 72 guests.
- The hotel offers a dedicated exhibit area for art and photography shows as well as several elegant pre-function areas—including the Royal Shanghai Grand Ballroom Foyer, which can comfortably accommodate up to 200 guests for a cocktail reception.
Restaurant & Bars
Le Bistrot Signature Restaurant
Le Bistrot serves a medley of breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets that will delight with their fresh presentation and culinary creativity. The restaurant offers stylish seating in its spacious dining room and on its beautifully landscaped terrace.
Ai Mei Chinese Restaurant
Ai Mei invites you to explore the exquisite flavours of authentic Cantonese, Shanghainese and Sichuanese cuisine served in a sophisticated setting complete with a massive aquarium, glittering crystal chandeliers, and contemporary Chinese artwork.
Allure French Cuisine
Chic and understated, Allure serves an inventive menu of classic French cuisine. Featuring a vibrant open kitchen and access to the hotel terrace, the award-winning restaurant delights with its refined service, sleek presentation and culinary flair.
HU BarShanghai’s newest nightlife destination. Located on the 64th, 65th and 66th floors of the fashionable hotel, the bar is named for and built to reflect the past, present and future glories of its home city.
Located in the lobby, Latitude 31 offers a cozy setting for a casual drink or snack. Settle into one of the plush armchairs, order a flaky homemade éclair or a bold coffee liqueur cocktail and you may find it hard to leave.
Location & Access
- Le Royal Méridien Shanghai enjoys easy access to the area’s major airports, the Airport Mag-lev Train, taxis, and local subway. Pudong International Airport is a 45-minute drive away, while Hongqiao Airport is an easy 20-minute trip. The hotel’s Concierge is also pleased to arrange a private limousine to pick you up from either airport.
- Once you are in downtown Shanghai, many attractions are within short walking distance from the hotel. Furthermore, the taxi stand directly in front of the hotel is always open. The Metro Line 1, Line 2 and Line 8 stations are also conveniently located just beside hotel providing you with easy access in and around Shanghai.Guests arriving by private car service or taxi should instruct the driver to arrive at the hotel’s main entrance, at the intersection of Jiujiang Road and Guizhou Road.
If you are traveling by car, please see driving directions, from the airport or any other location.
- Nanjing Road East highlights a pedestrian street, a stretch of commercial establishments popular among international and domestic tourists. A shopping paradise, here hundreds of retail outlets sell a myriad of merchandise ranging from Chinese herbal medicine, arts and crafts to chic designer clothes. Its advantage as a recreational area is strengthened by the easy access it provides to major landmarks. A few steps away are the People’s Square (formerly Shanghai Race Course) and People’s Park and a 20-minute walk is The Bund, a major street lined with old European buildings overlooking the promenade and the Huangpu River. Across the river is Lujiazui, home to the world’s third tallest TV tower, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, and Shanghai Aquarium.
- Short car trips allow guests to engage in the full enjoyment of cultural and historical attractions: the 400-year old Yu Garden and Bazaar in the Old Town, the Jade Buddha Temple, Jing’ an Temple and Xintiandi, a trendy dining and lifestyle hub popularly known for the restored shikumen (old stone gates) gracing the façade of its structures.
- 761 guestrooms and suites, 175 twin-bed room
- Each guestroom and suite has floor-to-ceiling windows, a 42" plasma TV, DVD, VCD and CD player, Wi-Fi and High-Speed Internet Access,separate sofa seating, individually controlled air conditioning, international direct dual telephone lines, a hairdryer and an in-room safe. A complimentary daily newspaper and complimentary coffee / tea-making facilities and bottled water are replenished daily. Completing the room is a glass bathroom with a central floating washbasin and rain shower.
Activities & Leisure
The hotel spa and the Fitness Centre welcome you to an oasis for the body and spirit—where a unique combination of traditional Chinese and modern treatments are thoughtfully designed to restore and relax. The UNLOCK ART™ programme introduces you to the mesmerising world of contemporary Chinese art.
- Start your day with our Signature Breakfast, and enjoy traditional café classics enlivened with a modern twist. Along with our complementary Eye Openers, these distinctive offerings awaken the senses with an infusion of local flavours.
- Le Méridien Hub, our innovative hotel lobby concept, is a coffeehouse-style gathering place for creative minds. Enjoy an illy espresso crafted by one of our Master Baristas, or indulge in an éclair while discovering a playlist curated by French bossa nova band “Nouvelle Vague.”
- With our Unlock Art™ programme, keycards unlock more than just doors; our partnerships provide access to leading contemporary culture centers in every destination. In the evening, join us for Le Méridien Sparkling, a cocktail ceremony inspired by the traditional European aperitif hour.